27 November 2020: EU Transition update - View report here
- To provide an update on the latest position regarding the ending of the EU transition period and report on the materials produced by WLGA to assist local authorities in their preparations.
20 November 2020: The impact of the EU transition on trade in Wales - View report here
29 November 2019 : Brexit update - View report here
- This report provides an update on latest developments relating to Brexit and of relevance to local authorities.
27 September 2019: Brexit update - View report here / View appendix here
- This report provides an update on work being undertaken by local authorities to prepare for the range of possible Brexit outcomes, including a no deal exit.
19 July 2019: Brexit update - View report here
- This report provides an overview of latest developments regarding Brexit and an update on both the challenges facing local authorities and the preparatory steps being taken.
Brexit: Local Government Preparedness and Post-Brexit Implications for Regional and Rural Economies - WLGA Delegation Visit to Cornwall - 31 January 2019 / 01 February 2019 - View outcome report here
- This visit was organised with Cornwall Council to exchange views and intelligence on Local Government Brexit preparedness; the UK Government’s proposals for Fisheries, Agriculture and Rural Development; European relations post-Brexit; and current thinking on emerging proposals for regional development funding and policy (replacing EU funds).
22 February 2019: Brexit update - View report here
- This report provides an update on Brexit development generally, a bid submitted by WLGA on behalf of all LAs to the Welsh Government’s EU Transition Fund and a Brexit Preparedness Advisory Panel established between Welsh Government, WLGA and local authorities
25 January 2019: Brexit update and feedback from discussion at Partnership Council - View paper here
- This is the latest in a series of reports to WLGA Executive Board and Council, produced as Brexit events have unfolded
26 October 2018: Actions from WLGA Delegation to Brussels 8-10 October 2018 - View report here
- To provide Members with feedback from the WLGA’s delegation visit to Brussels and to outline key messages and actions from the discussions held
NILGA Policy Paper - Outcome Report from Delegation visit to Wales (City and Growth Deals in Practice) 15-16 November 2018 - View report here
- A NILGA delegation of elected members and officers from ten Northern Ireland councils visited Wales at the invitation of the Welsh Local Government Association, to examine and bring back learning from the City & Growth Deal process that could be relevant to councils in Northern Ireland. The group also explored post-Brexit funding opportunities (including the replacement of EU funding), moves towards regional coordination of economic development in Wales and the role of councils in place-shaping
For more information contact: Neville Rookes