The NERS Low Back Pain Intervention provides an opportunity for patients to attend a group exercise programme based on best practice and designed to improve mobility and reduce symptoms of back pain. The programme is led by qualified Specialist Back Care Instructors.
The scheme is:
- based on best practice from the UK and operates to National Standards
- targeted at clients who present with mild /moderate central back pain to their GP and/or for clients with more complex conditions who will be referred following physiotherapy intervention
The scheme has been supported by the Welsh Government, Welsh Local Government Association, Fitness Wales, Chartered Society of Physiotherapy, Local Authorities, Public Health Wales and Local Health Boards.
Principal aims of the scheme:
- To offer a systematic and safety controlled system of referral to NERS Low Back Pain Intervention
- To offer a systematic and safety controlled system of referral to suitable independent exercise
- To provide safe and effective activity suitable for clients needs
- To increase the patients strength, balance and co-ordination
- To increase the patients functional ability
- To increase the patients confidence
- To increase the patients mental health and well being
- To decrease the patients social isolation
- To increase the patients long term adherence to physical activity
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org