The Waste Improvement Programme (WIP) is funded by the Welsh Government and hosted by the Welsh Local Government Association (WLGA).
The team consists of:
- Craig Mitchell, Head of Waste Support
- Jonathan Roberts, Improvement Officer - Waste
- Emma Shakeshaft, Improvement Assistant - Waste
- Barry Williams, Improvement Assistant - Waste
- Eve Swindley, Senior Support Officer - Waste
Since 2007 the Waste Improvement Programme (WIP) has been working with local authorities to assist them to improve the performance and efficiency of their waste services, following four key objectives in the process; evidence, efficiency, improving performance and delivery of wider sustainable principles.
The key role for the programme is to:
- collect, validate and analyse key performance data, responding to the needs of Welsh Government and partner local authorities;
- publish that data in a way that ensures its ease of use and maximises its potential for service improvement;
- inform effective and efficient service design and decisions across all 22 local authorities through the active dissemination of that data in regional events, networks and web based portals (Waste Benchmarking Hub);
- develop tools and resources which make a difference to front line services;
- allow joint procurement including collaboration; and
- support the Collaborative Change Programme activity.
Over the years the Wales Improvement Programme has supported waste service improvements across Wales.
For more information contact: Barry Williams