The Welsh National Exercise Referral Scheme (NERS) is based on best practice from around the UK (the current evidence base) and operates to National Standards.
The scheme is supported by the Welsh Government working in partnership with the Welsh Local Government Association, Local Authorities, Public Health Wales and Local Health Boards.
This Guidance Manual is supported by Macmillan Cancer Support.
- All protocols used on the programme represent best practice and meet with current National Guidelines
- All Exercise Professionals operating the scheme hold qualifications that are equivalent to those listed on the Qualification Curriculum Framework (QCF). Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales (Welsh Government): Open link here
All Exercise Professionals are:
- Qualified to a minimum Level 3 that meets the National Occupational Standards
- Qualified or working towards and supervised by a CanRehab Level 4 Cancer and Exercise Rehabilitation Instructor
- Covered by public liability insurance and registered with Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs)
- Able to access recommended literature to support their delivery and self
For more information contact: Jeannie Wyatt Williams