The Social Services Improvement Agency have been working with the Welsh Local Government Association, Public Health Wales and partners to develop a Population Assessment Toolkit as part of support for the Social Services and Wellbeing (Wales) Act.
Supporting Local Authorities and Health Boards to undertake a population assessment and publish the results, the new toolkit will:
- Help you understand what is needed to comply with the legislation
- Give you an overview of the benefits a population assessment can bring
- Provide a planning tool to help plan the assessment
- Break down the tasks to help make the process more manageable
- Advise you on how to approach the assessment and fulfil your responsibilities
The toolkit is an interactive PDF that links to resources and information and is supported by a statistical data catalogue. Developed in partnership with local government, health and the third sector, the toolkit provides practical support for the assessment of care and support needs and the needs of carers.
You can find out more and download the toolkit on the SSIA website.
For further information please contact email@example.com